CHRISTINA Hotel is certified with the sign "Health First" by the Greek Hotel Chamber for the observance of the Health Protocol for Hotels.
Action Plan Implementation Coordinator: Smparouni Efthalia
Responsible for the management’s plan implementation in case of a suspected Covid 19 case: Smparouni Efthalia
Coordinated Action Plan and Hotel Staff
The hotel staff has been informed about the sources and modes of transmission of Covid 19 Virus and has been trained on the Health Protocol of Tourism Businesses, aiming the customers’ health and the prevention of the transmission of Covid 19.
Hotel staff must avoid transmitting the virus through careful and regular hand washing, avoidance of handshakes, keeping distances, avoiding contact of hands with eyes, nose and mouth. The staff is provided with adequate Personal Protective Equipment
If a staff member develops symptoms related to the disease, notifies the hotel health officer, he/she is excluded from work and only returns when the laboratory test is negative.The coordinator and owner,Smparouni Efthalia, oversees the implementation of the Health Protocol,informs customers about hotel policy and health providers in the area, if requested by them.
The hotel works with the following healthcare providers: Public Health Center, Medi Paros, Iatronissos
The hotel communicates the measures to all internal and external partners.In case of Covid19 case the hotel has disposable gloves and masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, aprons, long-sleeved robes and a laser thermometer.The hotel keeps a record of the employees and all customers staying at the hotel,so that it is possible to contact the close contacts of any Covid 19 case that may be identified afterwards, paying attention to the general regulation on personal data protection.
Reception Services, Common Areas
Hand antiseptics at the entrance and exit of public areas and the reception area
Regular disinfection of the reception surfaces and the reception WC with emphasis on the high-risk objects (knobs, switches, etc.) and natural ventilation.
Disinfection of key cards and keys by placing them in a container for disinfection.
Only one customer enters the reception at a time and there is a floor sign to keep a distance of 2 meters to avoid congestion in the waiting area (4 people per 10 sq.m.).
Check In / Check Out in the open space if possible, outside the reception.
Check Out until 11.00 and Check IN from 15.00 in order to properly clean and disinfect the room as well as secure a natural, adequate ventilation.
Arrangement of the furniture at the common areas at a distance of 2 meters. Regular cleaning / disinfection and disinfection of fabric surfaces with a steam device (temperature> 70 degrees) after each customer change.
The breakfast lounge will remain closed throughout the summer of 2020
Room and public service
No entry in the hotel and the room for non-residents
Discussion with the customer for non-frequent cleaning of the room during his stay and non-daily change of clothing and towels
Cleaning and disinfection programs
All potentially contaminated surfaces (included objects) must first be cleaned with neutral detergent and good mechanical abrasion and then, after the surface is dry, disinfected with a disinfectant (recognized by the EOF). In case the disinfectant needs dissolution, it must be used within 24 hours after dissolution.In case of a Covid 19 accident, cleaning and disinfection according to the EODY instructions.
The cleaning staff uses a simple surgical mask, gloves and disposable aprons.
When sorting and transporting dirty linen, it is mandatory to use a disposable apron over the garment.
After removing the gloves, it is necessary to wash hands properly with soap and water or with antiseptic, the main means of prevention.
Reference from the staff to the owner / person responsible for any symptoms of the disease in a customer for the purpose of proper management.
Avoid contact of employees with a possible case and further transmission
When departing 2 possibilities: Normal cleaning and waiting 24 hours before the room is available to the customer and or meticulous cleaning and disinfection with disinfectant and / or steam cleaner depending on the surfaces of the room and the bathroom. Opening doors and windows for natural ventilation during room cleaning. Coverage of TV and air conditioning controls with membrane and change with each new stay
Use disposable glasses and spoons in the room
Linen and Towels
Observance of hygiene rules by staff in the sorting of dirty linen using the appropriate MAP (special disposable apron over the uniform, gloves and mask)
Used fabrics, bedding and towels are put in closed, marked bags, in order to be transported to the laundry areas.
Separation of dirty and clean linen areas.
Washing fabrics, bedding and towels in hot circles (70oC or more) with the usual detergents.
Care for the maintenance of clean clothing, good and clean condition during storage and transportation
Case of Covid 19
If a visitor shows symptoms compatible with COVID-19 infection, the following are applied:
1. The hotel calls the doctor to evaluate the incident.
2. If the patient has an urgent need for hospitalization, presents a serious clinical picture, is referred to the relevant health unit, as a suspected case of COVID-19
3. If the patient has a mild clinical picture, a sample for laboratory confirmation of COVID-19 is obtained from the physician.
4. If the incident is assessed as possible COVID-19 by the examining physician, the hotel health officer communicates IMMEDIATELY with EODY at 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 (24 hours a day), to declare a Covid 19 case and get information how to proceed.
5. The patient with a mild clinical picture remains in his room until the results of the laboratory test are announced.
6. During the above waiting period, the entry of staff into the patient's room is avoided, if there is no significant reason. If necessary, one member of the staff of the accommodation deals exclusively with the possible case.
7. The doctor and staff of the hotel entering the suspect's room in the later confirmed case must use high-protection personal protective equipment (MAP) (masks, glasses, waterproof disposable robes). The same applies to staff cleaning the COVID-19 patient room.
8. If confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is transferred to the special quarantine hotel and later to a health facility that will accommodate patients with COVID-19 if they need treatment. If not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, it is treated at the hotel with the instructions of the treating physician.
9. The patient is transported by MAP (simple surgical mask) and private means of transport.
10. If there is a companion of the patient, who wishes to stay close to him to take care of him (eg wife), he will be given a simple surgical mask and will be advised to wash his hands every time he comes in contact with secretions of the patient (eg saliva) and definitely before the attendant touches his face or eats or drinks.
11. The contact details of the patient's relative should always be recorded if consent is required for interventions where the patient cannot communicate
12. Used protective equipment (simple disposable surgical mask, gloves) is discarded in a bucket and in no case reused. Hands should be washed thoroughly with soap and water after disposing of protective equipment. It is emphasized that the use of gloves does not replace hand washing, which is a very important means of prevention.
This Health Protocol may be updated